Administrative Assistant (9 month Fixed Term Contract)
LOCATION: London SE1 2QE
We have a great opportunity for an Administrative Assistant to join the Operations team and work alongside our Sugar Trading division. The successful person will provide general administrative support to the London Sugar Trading Operations Department. You must be able to work diligently, productively and with a keen attention to detail. The role would suit a school leaver with strong IT and numeracy skills that is keen to work in a dynamic trading environment.
* Contract document management:
- chasing traders for missing contracts
- scanning third party contracts
- importing contracts into the in-house database
- checking and filing of contracts
* Inputting invoices into the in-house database including:
- physical broker commissions
- supervision company costs
- futures broker commissions
- container freight invoices
* Managing the Warehouse agreements which will involve:
- scanning warehouse agreements to central filing system (intranet)
- checking monthly stock declaration to ensure that we have a warehouse agreement for all stock locations
- chasing stock managers for missing warehouse agreements
* Assisting the Lay time Department by:
- Record Maintenance on Excel
- Filing and scanning of lay time related documentation
* General ad hoc administrative tasks
* The successful candidate will be a school leaver with A levels or equivalent qualifications.
* Some previous work experience is important
* 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including English and Maths
* Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
* Must have strong numeracy skills.
* Diligence and complete attention to detail.
* Adaptable to the dynamic trading environment.
* Computer literacy generally is desirable and especially with the use of Word and Excel.
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is a specialist merchant of agricultural commodities, trading specifically in sugar, molasses and coffee. We also act as broker to clients who need to access commodity and capital markets to hedge their risk.
ED&F Man is a highly entrepreneurial environment providing the opportunity to build an international career in a partnership culture.
Job Type : Contract/Interim
Location : London Bridge
Salary : Competitive
Date Advertised : 08 Mar 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.