Certitude provides personalised support for people with learning disabilities, autism and mental health needs. As a not-for-profit organisation, we have been developing our expertise, working with individuals, families and local communities across London since 1990. Certitude's person-centred approach is creating a future where people with learning disabilities and mental health needs have the same opportunities and rights to a good life as everyone else. We are a London based organisation working across 16 boroughs, employing over 1000 staff and supporting over 1500 people.
Shared Lives Administrator
Are you seeking a new challenge as a Administrator? Do you have over 1 years experience within office admin duties? Then this is a great and exciting opportunity to take on a challenging and varied role as a Shared Lives Administrator.
We are looking for someone with high standards, enthusiasm, and a passion for learning, with excellent communication skills, a proactive approach and the confidence to act independently.
Main duties & Responsibilities
As a Shared Lives Administrator your main focus will be providing high quality and professional administration support to the Shared Lives Manager & Coordinators with a professional, confident, and proactive approach, with the ability to independently manage a diverse and demanding workload which includes:
- Be responsible for all matters relating to benefits for the people who we act as appointee for
- Prepare the 2 and 4 weekly payment runs.
- Screen callers, provide information of a general or limited technical nature and redirect calls to the appropriate person and take messages where appropriate, ensuring that information is circulated to any necessary parties using a variety of communication methods..
- Operate office equipment including photocopiers and computers; input and retrieve data and text.
- Arranging special events/meetings taking place within the services, both internally and externally, including the provision of refreshments and equipment that may be required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in communicating with a range of people
- Previous administration experience
- Awareness of current benefit legislation
- Awareness of confidentiality and data protection
- Organised and patient approach
- Good time management
- A competitive salary
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- An attractive package of 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Pension, access to a 24 hour Employee Assistance counselling
- We will pay for your Enhanced DBS.
- Eye care vouchers
All our posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a need for full employment history from time of leaving compulsory education and up to date employment references. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.