Automation Test Engineer
Skills: Automation Test Engineer, Automation Test Analyst, Cucumber, Java, Big Data
- Are you an experienced Automation Test Engineer with strong experience of using Cucumber and Java?
- Previous experience of building automation processes and specs from scratch?
- An analytical and inquisitive approach?
- Keen to be part of a 'start up' team within an established business?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
About us & your role;
We're hiring an experienced Automation Test Engineer to come and join us as part of a highly technical team that are working on an exciting greenfield project. The successful Automation Test Engineer will have the opportunity to challenge current concepts as well as explore and implement solutions to new requirements.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Automation Test Engineer with excellent automation, Cucumber and Java experience.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a small, independent team whilst remaining part of a well-established company that have the backing of one of the world's largest online recruitment advertising businesses.
Some of the things you will be involved in:
- Takes ownership of the data quality and proactively analyses & validates data at all stages of processing
- Query data in any data store (including mongo DB, ElasticSearch, logfiles etc)
- Provide BI reports
- Perform statistical analysis
- Define & develop & test matching algorithms
- Define and develop automated testing of data transformations
- Manually validate quality of data transformations through all stages of the data processing pipeline, clearly showing the success or otherwise of inputs to outputs
- Develop automation regression tests for the pipeline and API to ensure quality as further changes are made
- Own and manage data bugs, including prioritisation, fixing and re-testing of critical bugs
- Work closely with Developers to ensure data quality through all stages of the data pipeline
Your skills & background:
- Strong automation testing background with proven experience of using Cucumber and Java
- A strong background in building automation process and test specs from scratch
- An analytical & inquisitive approach
- Experience of performance testing and applying testing tools to data pipelines
- Have applied TDD and BDD to projects
- Strong communication skills and an eye for detail
- Proactive approach and a real team player
- Experience of, or passionate about working within an Agile environment
Nice to have's:
- Experience of applying QA to big data projects
Jobsite UK (Worldwide) Limited are one of the UK's leading online recruitment advertising businesses, helping real people find real jobs; connecting the best in talent with the best in recruitment. Our business includes: Jobsite.co.uk, CityJobs.com and eMedCareers.com.
We employ circa 200 employees spread across our Head Office in Havant and another office on Southbank in London.
We're part of the global job board business, the StepStone Group whom employ over 1800 staff across 23 countries whom in turn are owned by Axel Springer Digital Classifieds, one of the worlds most established and successful media groups. We share a common purpose to deliver the highest quality products and services to our customers.