Are you experienced within business development and looking to take on a new challenge? If so Rockschool Limited are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
RSL (Rockschool Limited) brings together the leading names in Contemporary Arts. We are a global, specialist awarding body. We pride ourselves on our knowledge of the sectors we work in, and the quality and integrity of the qualifications we award. The world is full of musicians and performers who are keen to hone their skills and we are here to support them.
Due to our continued success and expansion, we are seeking to appoint a Business Development Executive to join our team based at our Teddington office.
What will I be responsible for?
As our Business Development Executive, you will be expected to prospect, identify, develop and secure new RSL business with schools, colleges and other learning organisations, accounting for all phases of the sales process. You will be required to develop an expertise in the qualifications marketplace, the policies governing this marketplace and the regulatory framework within which RSL's portfolio sits.
Your additional responsibilities will include:
- Prospecting leads.
- Contacting and building relationships with potential customers.
- Consultative selling of the RSL portfolio, with particular emphasis on Vocational Qualifications.
- Developing and administrating a business development database.
- Formulating promotion and marketing ideas.
- Producing promotional materials in conjunction with the marketing team.
- Building and maintaining a knowledge of the UK qualifications system.
- Working with the Business Development Manager on joint initiatives.
- Attending meetings/trade shows as required (some weekend working).
- Working on sales of the full range of RSL products if required.
The ideal Business Development Executive:
- A degree level education, along with recent demonstrable experience of developing/securing new business.
- 2-4 years' experience of sales/business development.
- A good understanding of the music industry and how music is taught in schools.
- Financially astute, with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrable knowledge of long term project planning, monitoring and on-going business development.
- Strong networking and excellent interpersonal skills, including active listening and the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively.
- Ability to establish, develop and maintain long lasting business relationships.
- Willingness/ability to travel extensively.
In return for your hard work as our Business Development Executive, you can expect to receive a basic salary of £25,000 per annum with an OTE of £30,000, company car, plus a range of benefits.
If you are looking for your next challenge as the Business Development Executive then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.