Due to the expansion of our specialist Application Support Team, British Transport Police (BTP) have an exciting opportunity for a permanent Database Administrator based at our Force Headquarters, in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain's rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a DBA with BTP you will oversee the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring and maintenance of BTP databases.
Key challenges and accountabilities for the role include:
* To manage software licences for SQL server database installations
* To offer specialist technical application support to the Forces user base
* Supervise the work of 3rd party DBAs or specialists assigned to particular support contracts or projects
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
* Salary up to 49,679.08 (£36,478.88 + 10% on call allowance + £2,470 London Allowance + a SFIA supplement of up to £4,521 depending on skills and experience)
* 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Final salary pension
* Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
Extensive experience of working as a production DBA in a SQL Server/Oracle environment, preferably both, providing support for mission critical applications
Good experience of performance monitoring and database optimisation tools and techniques
Good experience of back-up and recovery tools and techniques
Some experience of working as a development DBA
Good knowledge of application interfacing tools and technique
To be eligible to apply you must:
be resident in the UK for the last 3 years
have the right to work in the UK
have no outstanding CCJ and/or undischarged bankruptcy order
advise in advance details of any previous convictions/cautions incl ‘spent’
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.