DevOps Engineer - Linux, AWS
- Are you an experienced DevOps Engineer?
- Keen to disrupt the way people find work online?
- Prepared to challenge the accepted way of doing things?
- Used to working with and being challenged by highly skilled and opinionated technical teams?
- Looking for a fantastic and unique opportunity?
If so, we have the job for you!
About us & your role;
We're hiring a DevOps Engineer to come and join us as part of a highly technical team that are working on a exciting greenfield project. The successful DevOps Engineer will have the opportunity to challenge current concepts as well as explore and implement solutions to new requirements. We work in a Linux environment with an AWS cloud infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be an experienced DevOps Engineer with proven Linux and AWS expertise coupled with any of the other technologies we have explored. Importantly, you'll be keen, enthusiastic, passionate and committed to continuous learning and personal development.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a small, independent team whilst remaining part of a well-established company that have the backing of one of the world’s largest online recruitment advertising businesses.
Some of the things you will be involved in:
- Oversight of external and cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Oversight of enterprise deployments for Linux environment;
- Maintenance and expansion of automated provisioning and deployment processes;
- Oversight of change request processes, implementation of process and best practices;
- Ensure proper uptime, rollback capabilities, load balancing configuration, database configs, backups, for all environments;
- Communicate with dev teams to create new customer builds or environments.
Some of the technologies that we have explored so far, include:
- DCOS (Mesos, Kubernetes)
- Jenkins CI
- NoSQL (MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Neo4j, TitanDB, Dynamodb)
Importantly, you'll be willing to work and learn across multiple disciplines and will be expected to be familiar with git workflows, code reviews, continuous integration and deployment.
Jobsite UK (Worldwide) Limited are one of the UK's leading online recruitment advertising businesses, helping real people find real jobs; connecting the best in talent with the best in recruitment. Our business includes: Jobsite.co.uk, CityJobs.com and eMedCareers.com.
We employ circa 200 employees spread across our Head Office in Havant and another office on Southbank in London.
We're part of the global job board business, the StepStone Group whom employ over 2200 staff across 21 countries whom in turn are owned by Axel Springer Digital Classifieds, one of the worlds most established and successful media groups. We share a common purpose to deliver the highest quality products and services to our customers.