If you are an organised and detailed individual looking for a career in Business Administration, then this great entry-point Apprenticeship might be just what you are looking for. Apply now to join an exciting organisation and start your career.
You will be working for...
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) an entity that oversees the police complaints system in England and Wales and sets the standards by which the police should handle complaints. It is independent, making its decisions entirely independently of the police and government. The Independent Police Complaints Commission exists to investigate complaints fairly and thoroughly. The IPCC has the power to initiate, carry out and oversee investigations. It is also responsible for monitoring the way complaints are handled by local police forces.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job you will be...
- Provide front of house reception services (training given)
- Assist with the operation of the FM Helpdesks ensuring that calls are processed, resolved and closed promptly and effectively
- Assist with resolving day to day problems and issues within Facilities Management's remit; i.e. equipment and supplies
- Assist with administration of supplier contracts in the region including cleaning, maintenance and security
- Assist with the provision of stationery and other supplies
- Help with the co-ordination of post and courier services in the region, helping others in relation to procedures (including H&S) and booking arrangements. Advise others on the best method of despatch and packing
- Escort handymen and contractors when required
- Make changes to staff and visitor access, issuing and altering permissions on security passes when requested. (training will be given)
- Ensure that rooms are booked/set up/equipped as required
- Provide technical assistance to staff using video conferencing and other equipment
- Maintain open communication and relationships with colleagues, suppliers and stakeholders in organisations outside of the IPCC
- Assist with projects/moves
- Undertake any duties that may be reasonable as defined by the Facilities Co-ordinator
Your training will...
Start with a 12-14 month Business apprenticeship, which consists of 10 days of in-centre training in combination with work-based assessment, covering: IT skills, Customer service, Administration and Complaints handling.
You will gain a Microsoft Office Specialist qualifications and City & Guilds Level 3 in Business & Administration. This fantastic opportunity can potentially lead to you earning £25k in a business role.
Essential and desirable skills
- Evidence of ability to prioritise work and manage competing demands
- Evidence of independent problem solving abilities
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office; Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Proven record of keyboard skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- An ability to communicate well with all levels of staff and general public, both in the written and spoken word
- Familiarity with the Internet and online booking systems
- Flexible approach NB: Occasional out of hour working and manual handling will be required as part of this role
- Someone with ideally 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship. Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.