Position: Infrastructure Engineer - Office Fit-Outs/Relocations
Location: Central London (W1G - zone 1)
Start date: Immediate
Role type: Contract
Duration: 3 months
Rate: £350-375 per day
Our client is an award winning & thriving international Plc organisation based in the West-End of Central London who require an Infrastructure Engineer to oversee a number of office fit-outs/relocations/technology refreshes. Based out of their prestigious UK HQ this exciting opportunity requires exceptional candidates who possess the requisite level of communication skills and experience to oversee/manage a multiple new projects.
The Role as Infrastructure Engineer - Office Fit-Outs/Relocations:
The client requires a strong Infrastructure Engineer who will be responsible for multiple small to medium office fit-outs/relocations/technology refresh to encompass IT infrastructure (network, printing, scanning, filing, telephony systems and devices) and associated logistical requirements. You will also be working on other networks and infrastructure projects around the delivery of physical technology into physical spaces.
- Manage the office fit-outs/technology refresh in terms of infrastructure including - structured cabling, electrical supplies, A/C, network switches & patching, LAN, WAN, WiFi access, IT systems testing, printing facilities, telephony and logistical needs.
- Represent the client to high standards in terms of professionalism/attitude
- Perform hands-on technical expertise where required on the above
- Manage third party suppliers in the provision of their services (remotely & on-site when required)
- Procure new equipment/services when required (PC's, Printers, Broadband, Telecoms & WAN circuits)
- Liaise with Infrastructure/Network Team to deliver against the project scope/timeframes/budget
The Infrastructure Engineer Candidate:
In addition to 5 years + demonstrable experience as an Infrastructure Engineer where you have worked on numerous office fit-outs/relocations/technology refreshes you would ideally be from an environment where you have previously worked with the majority of the following;
- Cisco Networks
- SAN (EMC)
- SolarWinds, PRTG, HP Insight Manager
- Exchange 2012 and online 365
- Firewalls - ASA/Checkpoint/Juniper
- Server operating system 2008/2012 R2
- Anti-Virus Symantec/Sophos
- Able to work with third parties and outsource vendors for contracted hardware and software support
- Strong communication and customer interaction skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously where required
- Willingness to travel to satellite sites within the UK
If you feel that you may be suitable for this role, then please apply now!
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.