Location: London, E5
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000
Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
About the Company
Farla Medical was established in 2002 and is today is recognised as a prominent UK supplier to GPs, Clinics and Hospitals (Private and NHS).
Distributing over 10,000 branded consumables and equipment, Farla is also a leading manufacturer of over 700+ of their own brand label medical supplies lines including everyday consumables, surgical instrument packs and care products (including MediRange, EconoTest and Instramed collections).
Reporting to the Senior Partner and COO, we are looking for an International Purchaser with the ability to manage the end to end sourcing and supply chain management of our own label consumables and instruments. Good communication skills and great IT competence are key as well as the ability to manage stock levels, international suppliers and freight agents.
Duties of the International Purchaser:
- Stock Analysis
- Placing purchase orders and sending them through to suppliers
- Filing the purchase orders and printing out all correspondence
- Planning the delivery for a year, which is then sent to suppliers with the order
- Sending out the samples to suppliers when necessary
- Receiving PI's and signing them off
- Chasing accounts to process the payments for deposits and balance payments
- Sending out the bank slips to suppliers once a shipment is being paid for
- Liaising and chasing suppliers for orders/deliveries on a daily basis
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure their operations are compliant with Labour Standards
- Liaising with logistics services for air and sea freights
- Clearing up the CRM system for outstanding goods and updating delivery dates accordingly
- Arranging consolidation containers from China to London
- Sending out the shipping instructions to suppliers
- Requesting the shipping paperwork from suppliers and forwarding paperwork to Shippers / Logistics
- Cross checking the prices =>request accounts to pay=>requesting suppliers for a telex release
- Organising transport and liaising with warehouse for cargo details when the goods being shipped out
- Creating the packing list and liaising with the warehouse for cargo details when goods are being shipped for sterilisation
- Following up on deliveries
- Monitoring and managing the stock level at relevant suppliers ensuring stock levels and procurement is up to date including advanced orders and stock levels)
- Booking in goods, managing stock movements and assigning stock manually when applicable
- Approving the invoices for payments
The requirements of the International Purchaser:
- Minimum of 2 years' practical experience in procurement and logistics
- Medical or related industry experience desirable but not essential
- Outstanding supervisory experience
- Good data input skills
- Competent IT capabilities (Excel and Word) and Outlook
- Knowledge of CRM / Sales Management system
- Ideally a graduate, but minimum education to A-level and above
We are looking to interview ASAP, if you meet the requirements above apply today!
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.