This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant environment. Here, you get to earn and learn. Apply now!
You will be working for...
A global company employing over 5,000 people in the UK.
We work with Energy, Utilities and Telecoms companies nationally, with a diverse range of projects including outsourcing, application services, Smart Metering.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this role, you will be...
- Developing good quality Java code with sound syntax
- Developing professional user interfaces for at least one channel (web and/or mobile)
- Effectively linking code to the database using SQL and/or data layer technologies
- Testing code using either V-model manual testing and using unit testing
- Problem solving - Debug own code and understand structure of programmes in order to identify and resolve issues
- Following the best practices and standards can create simple data models and software designs to effectively communicate understanding of the programme
Starts with an 18-24 month Higher IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work-based assessment, with modules that could include: Project management, Web and software development, Database modelling and testing and implementation.
You will gain City & Guilds Level 4 Diplomas in IT Systems and Principles, and IT Professional Competence. This fantastic opportunity can potentially lead to you earning £40k in the IT sector.
Who should apply...
The ideal candidate will have...
- A-Levels or equivalent in STEM subjects (Maths, Computing, IT etc.)
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Good communication skills
- A passion for new technology; ideally some exposure to a modern programming language
- A Software L3 Qualification
Other Important Information...
Daily working hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:30pm
Key Training Modules covered:
- System development
- Project management
- Database design concepts
- Test-driven development in Java
- Web development using JSP
- Data structures and algorithms
- Designing and developing event-driven programs
- IT project management
- Testing ICT systems
- Data modelling
- Designing and developing object-oriented computer programs
- Designing and developing a website
- Effective communication in business
- Personal and professional development
- Develop own effectiveness and professionalism
You should meet the following criteria:
- UK resident for at least 5 years...?
- No breaks/holidays outside the UK for more than 28 days within the last 5 Years...?
- UK National, can you supply a current passport...?
- Are you SOLELY a British Citizen, and hold no other nationality passports (i.e. you do not have dual-nationality?)
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship...
You will have the possibility to progress into a Development Project Manager with time and experience, or cross train into other areas or Business Sectors.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT apprenticeship career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.