Why choose us?
The University of the Arts London (UAL) is one of the top 5 universities in the world for art and design and comprises 6 globally renowned Colleges. It is a highly desirable and varied place to work and requires an innovative, high performing IT service to deliver to this highly creative community. UAL supports around 20,000 students and 5,000 staff based across 14 sites in the heart of London.
The University is currently going through a period of ambitious change and redevelopment, in line with its 2015-2022 strategy, and the Programmes and Projects Team within IT Services is growing to meet the ambitions of the University. As a result, this is an exciting time to join an expanding team that is tasked with delivering a wide range of high-profile strategic projects.
UAL are currently looking for an experienced Programme Manager to lead their high profile Next Generation Student System programme which is transforming processes and systems for the student administrative journey.
In this role you will:
- Manage high profile programmes working with senior stakeholders across the organisation.
- Build key relationships with business users and IT specialists to determine how best to implement changes in services
- Create high performing programme and project teams
- Proven experience of leading and managing large and complex organisational change initiatives from idea through to completion
- Evidence of strong leadership of project portfolios ensuring effective management of projects
- Tenacity and a positive approach to finding solutions to drive forward programmes
- Experience of creating and managing virtual teams with internal and external team members
- Proven experience in building strong relationships across organisation boundaries and stakeholder groups, including external companies
- Wide ranging experience of programme and project management methodologies
- Programme and Project Management qualifications such as MSP/AMP/PRINCE2 or Agile are desirable but not essential
- Experience of managing complex IT related programmes and projects within a Higher Education institution is higher desirable
- You will be a self-motivated and dynamic individual who is able to engage, challenge and influence others, to develop and maintain collaborative working relations across IT and non-IT departments
- High level, proven inter-personal and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work effectively within a team of IT professionals
- You will be able to work effectively in cross-functional teams including with business and technical stakeholders
As an employer of choice UAL offers an extensive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary package of £50,199 - £67,702 dependent on experience
- 34 days annual leave, plus public holidays
- Competitive pension package
- A healthy work-life balance for all employees
Closing date: Wed 25th January
Interview Date on site at the University of the Arts London: 9th February
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.