A Sales Manager is required to join the UK's leading provider of security marking and asset identification solutions.
The company has just celebrated 31 years in business and is a trusted name in the Security Industry. The company is based near Bromley in Kent and is an easy 16 minutes train journey from London Bridge. The company's two main brands are a leading DNA forensic marking system used by Police Forces, Local Authorities, leading banks and retailers to prevent crime, and the No.1 database in the UK for bicycles which is endorsed by both the Met Police and Transport for London.
The company is ISO9001, ISO27001 and ISO14001 accredited, and is dedicated to providing quality and accredited solutions to its customers in the UK and overseas. The successful candidate will be joining a company with a strong team ethic, which creates a very enjoyable environment to work in.
About The Position
This is an exciting new position for a hard-working and ambitious sales manager with the desire to make a huge impact within a £2m+ turnover business, with strong growth prospects both in the UK and abroad.
You will report to the Managing Director and be responsible for:
- Jointly developing the business plan and strategy for expanding the company's UK customer base
- Selling directly into all target sectors in the UK
- Managing a Sales team of 5 individuals
- Managing key customer accounts
- Reporting on sales KPIs to senior management
- Preparing reports, budgets and forecasts
- Achieving the company's sales targets
- Championing customer care throughout the business and ensuring the highest level of customer retention.
- Researching markets and competitors to ensure the company's selling propositions continue to meet customer demands
- Communicating sales best practice and initiatives to the sales team
- Working with the marketing team to plan the annual calendar of exhibitions
- Attending exhibitions and managing the sales team to capture and follow up leads from these events
- Most importantly, you will be able to demonstrate a personal track record of hitting targets and delivering successful and profitable results
- You will have a proven track record of working within a similar sales function.
- Sales experience within the security industry
- You will have good accounting and numeric ability.
- A can-do attitude and a passion for sales are essential. Equally, you must be happy and confident presenting to people at all levels including senior management.
- You will be articulate and have excellent persuasive and interpersonal skills
- You will be organised, and a good time and project manager
- You will have excellent motivational skills
Salary and Benefits:
- £45k to £55k basic dependent on experience
- Commission based upon achieving sales targets with potential OTE of £60k to £70k
- 23 days holiday
- Ongoing training and development
- Company pension scheme
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.