Toys R Us have an exciting opportunity for a Store Manager Designate to join our team in South London. We are offering a competitive salary of up to £40,000 per annum.
The role of Store Manager Designate is a fantastic way to embed yourself as a Store Manager. Through our induction and training programme you'll have the opportunity to fully get to grips with our business, culture and customers. Post induction and training you will have responsibility to positively impact sales, profits and standards within your designate store.
It is our intention that you'll complete a number of months in a Designate role supporting Stores in the South London area including Croydon, Old Kent Road, Sydenham and Colliers Wood but that you will take responsibility for your own store once a position becomes available.
Store Manager Designate Responsibilities:
- Ensure an excellent standard of customer service is delivered at all times
- Maximise sales and profit by ensuring the efficient and effective management of all sales and operational areas
- Ensure stock loss and operating costs are controlled efficiently
- Manage the recruitment, training, development and performance of all staff
- Lead, coach, motivate and develop your team of Managers, Supervisors and Employees to achieve personal and store objectives
- Communicate effectively with the Area Manager to ensure key information is shared to ensure best practice
Key Skills and experience to become our Store Manager Designate:
- Proven Retail Manager with success in managing a high volume, fast-paced operation and have led a significant staff team
- Established record for achieving excellent results in KPI's, Sales and Profits
- Demonstrate effective performance in problem solving, decision making, building relationships, developing self and staff, planning and organising, and managing through others
- Evidence of the ability to impose and change standards and tangible achievements must be available
- Responsible and flexible approach to working hours i.e. working weekends and reasonable additional hours in line with the needs of the business, particularly during our busy seasonal periods
- Competitive salary up to £40k depending on experience
- "R benefits" an exclusive website launched for Toys R Us employees offering exclusive savings on brand name retailers
- up to 20% in store discount
- 28 days holiday (including statutory holidays)
- Yearly bonus based on personal, store and company performance
- Contributory Pension
- Excellent career opportunities
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity, click 'Apply' now to become our Store Manager Designate!
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.